Steering Column Components
Angstrom Aluminum Castings produces high quality steering column components through fully automated high pressure die casting cells. With the ability to cast, precision machine and assemble; these safety critical steering column components are engineered to exacting standards.
- Aluminum High Pressure Die Casting (HPDC)
- Vacuum Enhanced HPDC
- In House Spectrometer
- Gas Sampling – Stahl Testing
- K-mold –Inclusion Testing
- X-Ray Testing
- Precision Machining
- Non Ferrous Products
- CNC Machining Centers
- High Pressure Parts Wash
- Component Assembly
- Leak Testing Capability
Hydraulic Steering Sleeves
High volume Control sleeve with demonstrated capacity of 30,000pcs per day including 8 different part families.
- Highly accurate positional hole slot interface.
- Bore dimensional capabilities of 1 micron cylindricity and 5 micron size through Diamond Bore Finishing.
Steering, Input and Pump Shafts
Automotive Electronic and Hydraulic Steel Shafts for steering, transmission and starters.
- Demonstrated capacity of 15,000pcs per day.
- Furnace and Induction Heat Treated.
- Through feed and infeed grinding.
- Superfishing; through feed , infeed and external diameters including zero lead for leak control.
- Advanced Tp surface modification for direct bearing contact ability.
- Tolerances of 1 micron cylindricity and 10 micron diametrical capabilities.
- Special internal broach application for electronic steering for radial control.
- Spline rolling to various classes.